Saturday, July 7, 2012

San Diego trip

So, the first part of June was awesome. Why, you ask? Because I worked 2 days, left on my trip for SF for a week, came back, worked a day and left for San Diego! Yayuh. I pretty much had the first half of the month off of work. I also got a promotion in June. I am no longer part-time. I am full-time now. Insurance! Lunch breaks! My own teller station! I'm so cool now! Ha.. not really. but it feels pretty nice to be recognized for my hard work. 
Now... let me tell you about our trip to San Diego!

So, Scot's cousin Colton was getting married in the San Diego Temple and Scoty's parents decided that they were going to make the drive down to attend the wedding. Scot and I decided to bum a ride and go with. We left on a thursday and got to SD and ate some BOMB mexican food in Oldtown San Diego. It was seriously the best i've ever had. Yum. We stayed at the Worldmark timeshares in SD and it was nice. That's where we stayed for our honeymoon almost 2 years ago (!!!!!!!!!). Exept Scot and I had the room with twin beds... so no cuddles. blah.

Friday we went to SEAWORLD!!!! love that place. (not as much as D-land though) We had fun watching all the shows... except the shamoo show sucked. Since the Orcas killed those trainers a few years ago the show is pretty lame. The trainers just danced around on stage and shamoo only came out of the water like 3 times. LAAAAME. 

 We also went to the dolphin show which was like a bajillion times cooler than the shamoo show. They did crazy acrobatics and the dolphins jumped super high. The other fun show was the sea lion & otter show. Love it. 
The new rollercoaster was up and running, the manaray! it was like space mountain. but not in space... in the ocean.

 that night we went to the beach and Scot played in the ocean by himself.. hahaha. We also got food poisoning that night. Yipee! 
Saturday was the Temple day. It was really nice. 

 Colton's bride was so pretty! and the reception was out of this world. It was held at her house, which was like the nicest, biggest house i have ever ever been to. SO FANCY!!! Which was awesome, cause all the food was so yummy. 
That night we had to find another hotel, because the timeshares were all booked up. Scot didn't want to spend an extra hundred dollars so we ended up sharing a hotel room with his parents. 
Now, Cindy & Jeff... if you are reading this... I mean no disrespect when I say this....
sharing a hotel room with you in-laws is a no no. Even if it is just for one night. no. Hahaha Scot seemed to think it was normal. I was like ummm, everyone else on the planet thinks this is a little much. Next time, honey, let's spring an extra fifty bucks and a get a room of our own. GEESH. 
The next morning we drove home and spent the night in our own bed. no twin beds or beds next to other beds with parents sleeping in them. Twas nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment