Monday, January 24, 2011

thank goodness

I finally have a new job!
 I have been searching sooo long and it's been really hard. I have applied to almost everyplace in STG and went on a couple interviews with zilch luck.

On wed I went on an interview @ Mountain America Credit Union and I did sooo awesome! Well at least I felt like I did... they told me I would know by friday if I got the job.
So i'm chillin at work (at Lin's) on thursday and I get a call and a voicemail from them. I quickly faked that I needed to pee and ran to the bathroom and imediately called them back.

they told me I got the job! like 24 hours after I interviewed! HOORAY!

I will have a set schedule and get paid much better than I do at Lin's and the manager is the sweetest lady ever named Ellie.
I am so excited mostly because it is like one minute away from our house AND I get to wear cute clothes to work! NO MORE APRON!

They are sending me up to SLC this sunday the 30th for a whole 5 days for training, I'm staying in a hotel in Jordan Landing and they pay for everything- and I get paid full time while i'm training. wahoo!

The last interviews I went on I thought I did really well, and I totally didn't get those jobs. I have been really discouraged because I have been praying for help to find a new job for months, going to the temple, and fasting. I have been confused why I didn't get the last job I interviewd so well for.
I know my Heavenly Father had a plan for me and those jobs were not the right one for me, they would have definitely stopped me from being able to go to school in the mornings and spend time with my husband. I am grateful that my Father in Heaven has been looking out for me and answered my prayers just when I felt like giving up.

^ that's me on the day of my interview
and I mean come on, how could they not hire me... I'm soo darling!

I'm so blessed. I am overwhelmed with how lucky I am to have so many wonderful people in my life, so many awesome experiences, and so many nice things.

Life is goooood.
:)


4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! there is nothing better than when things just work out how they are suppose to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hey mel, i work at macu at the sunset branch! the people over at washington are SO nice and fun, you'll love it. congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i think youre in my ward too? i saw you on sunday at church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kels! yes we are in your ward now! I'm glad now I will have a friend! :) and i'm way excited to start at macu

    ReplyDelete